Saturday, November 14, 2009

Grocery Savings

It's time again to talk about savings for the week. I made trips to Publix and Target and did pretty well. My best deal was FREE Betty Crocker Frosting. I know, but I could not help myself. I purchased 5 containers and it cost be nothing! Since some of you may wonder what I do to feed my family during the week based on these shopping sprees, below is my menu the week. We even had a Sausage and Cheese Grit casserole for breakfast this morning. Yummm!
  • Day 1: Wendy's Homemade Chili, Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
  • Day 2: Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
  • Day 3: Salsa Chicken and Rice
  • Day 4: Creamy Tuna Pasta
  • Day 5: Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy
  • Day 6: Dining Out
Publix is where I got the best deals this week.
yellow onion (.25), green pepper (1.00), grape tomatoes (1.50), Frozen biscuits (3.99), Gallon of Milk (3.09) Ritz Bitz 12 pack snacks (2.50 w/coupons), cream cheese (.99), cheese cubed (1.67), ground chuck (3.99), turkey sausage (3.29), 3 boxes hamburger/tuna helper (.75 ea w/coupons), Nabisco 12 pack variety snacks (2.50 w/coupons), large can chili beans (1.59), salsa (1.99), gravy mix (.99), Betty Crocker cake mixes - Chocolate and Lemon (.95 ea), 4 pack tuna (2.50), whole corn (.89), black beans (.83), Lysol toilet cleaner (1.00 w/coupons), Large Listerine with free small bottle (2.69 w/coupons), Crystal Light (.99 w/coupons), Betty Crocker Frostings - Strawberry, Cream Cheese, Lemon, and Coconut ( 5 containers for 0.00 w/coupons), Hershey chocolate syrup (2 at 1.00 ea), Delmonte fruit cups (2 4 packs 1.40 ea), Bisquick 2 large boxes (1.40 ea), and Hungry Jack Lite Syrup (2.50).
  • Total before taxes was $51.91
  • Total savings was $44.13
Target - I only purchased a few items but still found some good deals. Capri Sun (1.97), Quaker Grits (1.79), wheat bread (1.29), Kraft Marshmallows 4 bags (.50 ea w/coupons)
Hope this inspires you to make great shopping trips of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment